We are hosting a conference which will bring together policy makers and academics to discuss the future of bio-chem arms control and non-proliferation.
A conference flyer is available here
In particular the meeting will focus on:
- Cutting-edge fields of innovation of potential misuse concern
- National and supra-national models of dual-use innovation oversight
- S&T review processes within the biological and chemical weapons conventions
- Industry engagement with biological and chemical weapon non-proliferation issues.
Confirmed Speakers Include
- Professor Mike Imperiale, University of Michigan Medical School
- Professor Silja Vöneky, Universität Freiburg
- Dr Nicholas Evans, University of Pennsylvania.
- Dr Koos van der Bruggen, Working Group on Biosecurity at KNAW
- Dr Caitriona McLeish, University of Sussex
- Dr James Revill, University of Sussex
- Professor Simon Wain-Hobson,Institut Pasteur
- Dr Michael Crowley, University of Bradford
Professor Malcom Dando, University of Bradford
- Dr Ralf Trapp, Independent Arms Control Consultant
- Dr Piers Millet, Former Deputy Head of the Implementation Support Unit, Biological Weapons Convention, United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs
- Dr Stefan Mogl, Spiez Laboratory
- Dr Laura Adam, James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS)
- Dr Gary Burns, Independent Biosafety and Biosecurity Consultant
Dr Catherine Rhodes, University of Manchester
- Dr Jonathan Forman, OPCW
Registration is required. Please contact Brett Edwards @ Bwie20@bath.ac.uk for further information.